I have been immersed in the world of art since birth. As the son of an artist, I spent my formative years learning through osmosis from my father. It wasn’t long until I had a love for the arts as well. In my early twenties, I blazed my own trail leaving UBC to travel throughout Europe and Asia. On my return to Canada, I took my long time hobby, the sport of skimboard- ing and turned it into a business. It was during this time that I had a reason to let my creative juices ow and was soon producing videos, event posters, board graphics, t-shirt art, organizing events and everything else that comes with running a business. After three years along with finishing a my degree, I had done a crash course in manufacturing but really felt that my place was on the creative side. Today, I am doing just that. I am utilizing my strengths in digital media to help my clients’ visually express themselves and to create lasting impressions on their customers.
Design and Communications skills
- Corporate identity – Development of Logos and trademarks, to visualize the philosophy and culture of a person or company.
- Website design and construction – custom concepts and functionality built on WordPress architecture, with integration of popular social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc.).
- Page and text formatting – Original layouts for product catalogs, online magazines, brochures, business cards and flyers.
- Video production – Promotional shorts utilizing a variety of cameras (Canon and Nikon DSLR, Anamorphic, HVX200, Super 8, Gopro, iPhones) and techniques (voice overs, selective focus, dollying, time-lapse, stop motion/traditional animation, motion graphics).
- Photography – Portraits in natural and studio lighting, published in sporting and cultural event coverage, travel, urban and product specific image making. Accomplished with Canon and Nikon systems.
- Marketing and Promotion – local charities, community events, fundraisers, social media, print media, on-line marketing.
- Product Research and Development – Developed schematics of molds, forms and CNC router patterns; product testing.
- Customer Service – Development of on-line store retailing, answering emails and filling customers orders, shipping, invoicing, liaison with retail clients and suppliers.
- Event Organization – Required meetings with government agencies, appropriate permits, licenses, liability coverage, along with management and delegation of large groups.
Throughout my past work experience is has been nessacry for me to have used a variety of different software solution ranging from basic tools for business like the Microsoft Office programs to creating complex indesign layouts for magazines. If you look to the right I have tried my best to give an accurate assessment of my skills in regards to the various software programs related to the creative field with bar graphs.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign 90%
- Adobe Primere and Apple Final Cut 7 &10 80%
- Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture 80%
- Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.) 75%